Design Competition 2016
Interested in joining HWRacing?
We’re challenging you to design a jack to be used to prop up and roll our next car: HWR-07.
The jack must be:
- Capable of supporting the car’s weight. (300kg).
- Able to raise the car a minimum of 200mm above the ground.
- Able to attach onto a round 25.4mm outer diameter steel tube, used to prop the rear of the car up.
- Capable of pushing the car forward by attaching onto the main roll hoop of the car. The main roll hoop has a radius of 165mm and tube diameter of 25.4mm.
- Hold the fire extinguisher (CAD file provided)
You should submit your design with:
- Your jack’s CAD files in either STEP or Autodesk Inventor 2016 or previous (.ipt/.iam) file formats.
- A technical drawing of your jack in PDF format.
- A poster detailing the design features of your jack, and a rendering with Fire Extinguisher in PDF format.
The deadline for submission is 17:00 on Friday 30th September 2016.
The winner and runners up will be contacted via email by Friday 7th October.